Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just a normal day in Haiti

This morning started with saying bye to the Reality LA team, it was so great to be here with people from home, and I'm so looking forward to staying in touch with them when I get back!
After they left Ari and I came back to the house, got ready, and were on our way with 4 of the older boys from the orphanage to go to the recording studio! So fun! We took a tap-tap because it's pretty far away. A tap-tap is the Haitain idea of a taxi, you literally jump on the back of a pick up truck with a truck-bed cover where you sit on a bench on the back seat, if you're lucky enough to not be hanging off the back.

This is a tap-tap

This is what life is like on a tap-tap

This was our time in the studio ... hahaha


We clearly have amazing futures as rappers ... lol

After walking an hr home in the beautiful Haitian sun I just spent the rest of the day haning out with the Manassero family. It has been such a blessing to just really experience what day to day life here looks like. We had a great afternoon hanging out and resting, spent the evening just eating dinner and playing WII American Idol, lots of singing today lol.
It was a great day. I had some awesome time to just spend in the Word while watching the Haitian sunset. It was truly a beautiful and blessed day! Praise the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment