Wow! I can't believe that a year ago I was supposed to be in Haiti, and now a year later, the Lord is finally allowing me to go! In that year I've graduated from USC film school, worked with an amazing film production company, and I'm now preparing for my third trip back to Haiti!
In this year I've learned so much! My education was a blessing, but the last ten months have taught me more than I could have ever learned in a classroom. I have realized how incredibly short this life is. Most of us, however young or old, seem to learn this lesson quickly, the older we get the faster life seems to fly by us. And the older I get the more I realize that, with this life being as short as it is, there's no reason to take the safe routes. The men and women I admire so much, never made decisions based on what was safe, and I admire them because of all that was done in and through them. They heard the Lord's voice, and they responded with obedience. Abraham went to the land he did not know, David collected his pebbles to defeat a seemingly impossible opponent, Esther went before the king without permission to save God's chosen people; the stories go on and on. This is the faith I want to have, these are the decisions I want to make, and this is the life I long to live; a life based solely upon hearing the Lord's calling to do something, and regardless of "logic" boldly moving forward, free from doubt and fear.
So this trip is the first step in that! A week ago, I booked my ticket, and in a week I'll, Lord willing, be soaking in the joy and tragedy of my favorite people! Please be praying about this trip. The Haitian elections are taking place on Sunday, and in the past the rioting has escalated to the point of shutting the airport. I know the Lord will place me there exactly when He wants, and all I desire is His will. I'll be updating this with stories and prayer requests throughout my time there.
These are some specific prayer requests:
*calm among the Haitian people in response to the election;
*the Lord's guidance as to where He wants my time spent while I'm there as I don't have any sort of itinerary;
*wisdom, vision, direction as to His more long term plans for me in regards to Haiti and film;
*that the Lord would be preparing my heart now for what He wants to teach me while I'm there, and for the readjustment process when I come back :)
Psalm 34:1-5
"I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed."
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's right, Jesus does not call us to safety, He calls us to obedience. Keep being obedient and you'll be safe in His arms.
ReplyDelete-Sarah